Cellulite is something my #WBKgirls ask me about all the time. Is it bad? Can you get rid of it? Don’t stress girls, cellulite is completely normal. 90% of women around the world have cellulite – including me!
It is SO important to love and accept your body the way it is, but if cellulite is something that bothers you, you’re not alone.
There are ways you can NATURALLY reduce its appearance whilst improving your health and fitness!
What is cellulite?
Let’s get this clear, having cellulite is not ‘bad’. Cellulite is literally just fat cells (that we need a certain amount of to be healthy) pushing up against the skin causing bumps on the skin. Cellulite is typically visible on the booty, thighs and stomach.
Why do I have cellulite?
Cellulite is NOT just from having excess body fat, which is why women of ALL body shapes and sizes have cellulite. But WHY do we get cellulite? It’a a mixture of both hormonal and genetic factors (things we can’t change) and diet and lifestyle factors (things we CAN change).
Reasons for cellulite include:
- Female hormones - Estrogen increases fat cells on the booty, back of legs and stomach area. Prolactin can contribute to water retention which increases the visibility of cellulite.
- Poor diet - Diets high in sugar, refined carbohydrates, saturated fats and alcohol can make cellulite worse by causing inflammation, and increasing the size of the fat cells.
- Lack of physical activity - Not regularly exercising increases how severe the cellulite appearance is.
Best nutrition tips to reduce cellulite
- Increase fibre: Eating more fiber rich foods like colourful fruits and vegetables, and wholegrains like quinoa and brown rice will help prevent excessive growth of fat cells. Not only that, but fiber keeps you fuller for longer, improves your digestion and can even help your skin!
- Increase protein: Protein increases collagen which helps tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Protein also stabilizes your appetite and promotes growth of lean muscle (which is why I LOVE taking Blessed protein).
- Reduce salty foods: Y’all know I LOVE salty foods, but salt can contribute to water retention which makes cellulite more visible. Instead, flavour your foods with plenty of herbs and spices for extra flavour!
- Reduce sugary and fatty foods: These foods are perfectly fine to eat occasionally, but if it’s part of your every day diet, it will not be helping your cellulite or overall health. Swap out processed foods filled with sugar and fat (store-bought sweets, fast food, hot dogs, fries) for healthier alternatives. You could even try making some healthy desserts from my Sweet Treats Recipe Book instead!
Best workout tips to reduce cellulite
- Incorporate strength training: Time to hit the weights, girls! Strength training increases lean muscle. Having more muscle will help you burn more fat and make cellulite less visible. Not to mention, strength training will also help build your booty ;)
- Do some HIIT training: HIIT training will realllyyyy get your heart rate up! HIIT will increase circulation and fat burning to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Stick to a regular workout routine: The most important thing is consistency. Aim to train between 3-6 days a week to see greater improvements. Feel confused about what workouts to do? You no longer have to feel confused about what workouts to do – my programs are PERFECT to guide through your training sessions so you know EXACTLY what to do!
To all my #WBKgirls, you are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are. Cellulite is completely normal so don’t be ashamed to embrace it!
Nutrition and exercise play a BIG role in all aspects of our health and bodies, including helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. My programs include both a healthy meal plan AND workout program so you can get your diet and exercise on track for a toned body, and improved overall health.
Are you ready for a total mind and body transformation? Join the WBK community today!Katya xx