Another year wiser and stronger… it’s your girl’s bday! Celebrating my birthday is so much more than just turning a new age - it’s an opportunity to reflect on all the incredible life experiences I’ve had so far. There have been so many highlights (but also challenges) that have shaped me into who I am today. Coming into my 28th year, I thought now is the perfect time to share some of my favorite learnings with you all.
- Less can be more. There’s no need to overtrain. Make fitness work with your lifestyle, not the other way around!
- You’ll have good days, but you’ll also have bad days. Your fitness levels will change over the years. But that’s life! Instead of getting down about it, always focus on being just that 1% better than you were yesterday.
- Be willing to try new things, whether it’s a new training style or exercises.
- There is no one type of ‘fit’ body. FIT looks and means different things to everyone.
- Focus on nailing the basics instead of trying to do ‘fancy’ exercises or upping the weight without proper technique.
- Know when to ask for help. There’s always something to learn from everyone.
- Your body is going to change over the years. Learn to embrace it.
- True body confidence comes from within. Having a ‘fitter’ body does not automatically make you more body confident.
- If anyone ever tries to body shame you, just know that it’s because they are insecure in their skin. Try not to let negative comments affect the way you view yourself.
- Be kinder to yourself. Shift your mindset from being self-critical to actually finding things you like about your body. Remind yourself of those things every day.
- Comparing yourself to other women’s bodies on social media can breed negativity. Take social media with a grain of salt, and never let it change the way you view yourself.
- You should never be too busy for self-care. Self-care should be prioritized every single day.
- Self-care is a lot more than getting pampered. Find simple ways to practice self-care like a quick meditation or going for a short walk outside.
- Caring for yourself is the best way you can improve all aspects of your life, including everything from work to relationships.
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘no’ if it means allowing yourself more time to prioritize things you need to do for yourself.
- Make getting enough sleep part of your self-care routine. Whilst this can be very challenging since having Zya, adequate sleep is needed to rejuvenate your body and mind.
- You don’t need to follow an extreme diet to get results.
- There is no one ‘superfood’ that is going to change your life. It’s all about a balanced diet.
- Eating enough protein (including plant-based protein) should be a priority to help boost energy, concentration, and mood.
- Don’t be afraid of carbs. You need them to function your best in and out of the gym.
- Don't copy someone else's diet thinking it will work exactly the same for you. Everyone has individual needs.
- Be flexible with your diet. It’s okay if you fall ‘off track’ - life is meant to be enjoyed and food is part of that!
Fashion & Beauty
- Find outfits that make YOU feel comfortable and confident in your own skin. Never feel like you have to wear something just because it's trendy. You wear the outfit, don’t let the outfit wear you!
- Your clothing size is just a number. Don’t ever let it affect your mood or how you feel about yourself.
- What anyone else thinks about your outfit does not matter. If you love it, you own it!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a cute fit, hair, and makeup… It can be the biggest mood booster!
- You don’t need to buy expensive clothes or makeup to feel a million dollars.
With that said, I am SO excited to see what being 28 brings! I hope you all can take away some of my learnings and implement them into your life.
Just because it’s my birthday doesn't mean that you should miss out on all the birthday fun… celebrate my birthday with me and enjoy my BIRTHDAY SALE!